Senior Engineering Geologist
- Significant wins in large transport and property infrastructure projects
- Join a rapidly expanding team of experts
- Focus on work/life balance
Be part of a business that empowers engineers to do the best work for their clients.
We're bold about our expertise and ambitious about where we're going. And we're winning great projects in New South Wales.
About the opportunity
In your role as a Senior Engineering Geologist at Coffey you will use your knowledge of geological conditions to develop smart solutions for our transport infrastructure and property clients.
Your role will include landslide risk assessments, providing leading design advice for slope stability and site investigations. You will carry out technical and non-technical tasks and be accountable for accuracy and quality of our projects.
You will assume responsibility for planning and managing resources and budget for site investigation, ground modelling, and/or geotechnical design projects of all sizes
Together with our team of experts you will deliver large scale geotechnical investigations including highways, rail networks and property - ensuring the highest safety, environmental and social standards are met.
As a seasoned consultant, you'll pursue market opportunities and manage a range of projects and deliverables in investigation, fieldwork management, design, analysis and reporting.
A degree qualified engineering geologist. A Masters in Geology / Engineering Geology would be desirable with a commitment to further study and gaining chartership.
This role may require travel. You will have a passion for site-based work and you will need to have a full driver’s licence. You'll have years of experience in site investigation, design work and the project management of technical solutions for clients.
Ideally you will have consulting experience, you'll build strong trusted client relationships, confidently present advice to clients and play your part in winning work to grow the business.
You'll bring knowledge of ground conditions in and around Sydney and local market experience working within the transport and property infrastructure sectors.
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Why join us?
- We delight in delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.