Hydrogeologist – Melbourne
- Opportunity to work with great hydrogeology experts in a well-established groundwater management team
- We offer you a wide variety of projects and industries in a client facing role
- Southbank location with flexible working arrangements
Grow your career working on major infrastructure, mining, renewable energy, water resource, Defence and general hydrogeological assessment projects. Be front and centre with clients, developing your commercial and technical skills with the support of an industry leading team.
This role will see you using and growing your technical and project management skills to deliver groundwater assessment projects and technical reports for our clients, and driving or contributing to developing winning proposals.
About the role
You’ll join our Melbourne groundwater team, a collegiate and professional team that supports our offices across the Asia-Pacific region. Our project locations are geographically diverse, and we regularly provide hydrogeological support to projects throughout Australia and internationally.
Working closely with our industry-leading Principal and Senior Principal colleagues, you will have the opportunity to manage all aspects of groundwater projects from proposal preparation to project management and technical delivery.
Our hydrogeologists collaborate with other specialists in the Site Assessment and Remediation team, and regularly form part of larger teams to support a wide variety projects across the Tetra Tech business.
As a specialist member of our team here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Working with our technical leaders to develop proposals, manage budgets and project schedules, and draft technical reports for review
- Managing field programs, setting deadlines and milestones, prioritising tasks, and assigning team members to deliverables
- Providing hydrogeological advice to our internal and external clients across a variety of environmental projects
- Maintaining and growing client relationships; building your profile at industry seminars and events and promoting our capability to target clients
- Supporting the training and development of junior team members
- Contributing to a collaborative, inclusive and positive work culture
We are looking for a motivated team player who enjoys a challenge, wants to learn and expand their experience, and ultimately find the best solution for every client.
Essential requirements :
- A Bachelor’s degree in geology, earth sciences, environmental engineering or equivalent as a minimum, and ideally post-graduate qualifications in hydrogeology.
- Approximately 6+ years’ experience in groundwater and environmental consulting, with recent experience in Australia
- Well-developed planning and project management skills
- The ability to build strong relationships with your colleagues and clients through great communication and project delivery
- Excellent professional writing skills to produce clear and concise technical reports and engaging client presentations and proposals
Every day our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Why join us?
- We delight in delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan and novated vehicle leasing options
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Work with & learn from our experts to deliver projects across the Asia Pacific region; strong pipeline of work; great career development opportunit