Geotechnical Engineer - Brisbane, Queensland
Job no: 499233
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - QLD
Geotechnical Engineer - pioneering innovation & technology
- Join our world class Geotechnical consulting group
- Develop your successful future in this one-off role
- Be part of our innovation and technology development in Brisbane
Our roles ask more of you. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
In Tetra Tech Coffey, we want to continuously improve the way we approach the complex projects that we deal with as specialists in our field. We aim to develop innovative solutions for our clients, Leading with Science. In this role, you can expect to be involved in the development of numerical and analytical tools in collaboration with our renowned experts, while working in challenging projects. Reporting to the local team leader, this position requires a balance of ingenuity, creativity, technical skills, independence and collaboration in approach.
The Tetra Tech Coffey Brisbane office is an integral part of the Australian business. In a close-knit and growing local office, you will be part of the much larger, strong national geotechnical team.
Technical excellence is important, consulting skills are equally as important. We require all our staff at Coffey to have excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong team and client relationships.
Ideally you will have:
- A Civil Engineering degree.
- Postgraduate studies (MEng or PhD), with a solid understanding of the fundamentals of geotechnical engineering.
- An interest and understanding of numerical modelling and analytical solutions, with experience in industry software (e.g. Plaxis, Flac), ideally with knowledge of programming languages and AI applied to geotechnical engineering.
- An interest and understanding of GIS systems and subsoil modelling techniques.
- Experience in a geotechnical consulting environment would be desirable.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional interpretative and analytical skills.
- A passion for knowledge and excellence.
- Permanent work rights for Australia
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Why join us?
- We delight in delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend