Geotechnical Engineers and Engineering Geologists – Newcastle
- Join our world class Geotechnical consulting group
- Develop your successful future in Newcastle
Our roles ask more of you. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
The Coffey Newcastle office is an integral part of the NSW business, with the Australian Head office in Sydney.
In a close-knit and growing local office, you will be part of a larger, strong national geotechnical team. Reporting to the local team leader, this position requires a balance of independence and collaboration in approach. It will see you managing clients and projects with judgment and technical engineering expertise in slope stability, foundation design, liquefaction potential, and soft soils.
You can expect to work with and mentor junior engineers in Newcastle, work closely with senior engineers in Newcastle and Sydney, manage medium to large projects and assist in business development. Depending on your expertise you may manage a variety of clients, and get involved in exciting and diverse projects, including residential, commercial, Transport (road, rail, ports), and industrial and a range of civil infrastructure. We have a large local and national client base with diversity of projects in size, complexity and project type, which make Tetra Tech Coffey an employer of choice.
Technical excellence is important to us, as are consulting skills. We want all our staff to have excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong team and client relationships.
Ideally, we are looking for an “all-rounder” who has:
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree. Postgraduate studies and/or CPEng status would be highly regarded, together with familiarity with TfNSW standard specifications
- Experience in a consulting environment and in geotechnical site investigations and design, particularly in preferably some of these areas - piles, retaining walls and excavation support, soil nails and rock anchors, de-watering, soft soils, tunnelling, pavement and earthworks
- Local industry experience with solid knowledge of slope stability assessments, analysis and remedial design, but can also consult as a generalist geotechnical engineer
- Proven success in building strong client relationships in the local market with the ability to develop your selling skills further
- Be a proficient project manager of small to large scale projects
- Have very strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional interpretative and analytical skills
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Why join us?
- We delight in delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan and novated vehicle leasing options
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.