Geotechnical Engineer / Engineering Geologist - Wellington
Job no: 499277
Work type: Permanent
Location: New Zealand
Geotechnical Engineers and Engineering Geologists – Wellington
- Join our world class Geotechnical consulting group
- Take the next step in your career with us
Our roles ask more of you. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
The Tetra Tech Coffey Wellington office is an integral part of the NZ business, with its Head office in Auckland and a further four offices in the North Island.
In a close-knit and growing office, you will be part of a larger, strong national geotechnical team. Reporting to the local team leader, this position requires a balance of independence and collaboration in approach.
You can expect to work with great team members and a variety of clients, and get involved in exciting and diverse projects, including residential, commercial, and industrial and a range of civil infrastructure. We have a large local and national client base with diversity of projects in size, complexity and project type, which make Tetra Tech Coffey an employer of choice.
You are looking to take the next step in your successful career. Your technical excellence is important to us, as are your consulting skills. Your passion and capability for numerical modelling is a key driver for you and we will give you lots of interesting and exciting experience in this
Ideally you will have:
- A civil engineering or engineering geology degree
- Experience in a consulting environment and in geotechnical site investigations
- Local experience as a generalist geotechnical engineer is an advantage
- A desire to grow technically, as well as developing the full spectrum of consulting skills
- Have very strong written and verbal communication skills and exceptional interpretative and analytical skills
- A full drivers licence
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Why join us?
- We delight in delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: New Zealand Daylight Time
Applications close: New Zealand Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend