Structural Engineer - Brisbane, Queensland
Job no: 499286
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - QLD
- Contribute to our East Coast structural engineering team
- Develop your career with a world class company
- Brisbane CBD, Queensland
Strong project pipeline; collaborative environment of specialist engineers working together to deliver smart solutions for our clients.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior Structural Engineer to work in a diverse role with the chance to experience the whole project lifecycle. We deliver studies, detailed design and EPCM projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from identification to operations.
The role will support our structural engineering capability in the Brisbane market while also collaborating with our other discipline engineering teams nationally. You will have technical responsibility for detailed design and analysis on a wide variety of projects across the infrastructure, mining and commercial sectors.
The position is primarily office based with frequent opportunities to attend key site inspections and meetings.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Structural steel and reinforced concrete engineering design and drafting coordination
- Temporary works, lifting studies and construction support
- Geotechnical structures
- Proof engineering, condition assessments and dilapidation surveys
- Project management, cost control and scheduling specific to each project.
- Design documentation
- Occasional regional site-based activity such as investigations, client liaison, testing and commissioning
You’ll join our team of talented engineers and will be supported in your career progression as our QLD business continues to grow. We aim to support our staff in becoming chartered engineers (CPEng) with report certification and external technical training courses.
For success in the role, you’ll need to have:
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Civil/Structural Engineering or related discipline recognised by Engineers Australia
- 5-10 years relevant experience
- Experience in client facing roles; the ability to build strong client relationships and undertake business development activities
- Experience in structural modelling - SpaceGass and Strand 7 software packages would be advantageous
- Detailed knowledge of the Building Code of Australia (NCC) and Australian Standards.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular MS Word, Excel and Access
- Effective communication skills, verbal and written
- Good organisational and time management skills
- A willingness to travel to regional QLD and interstate on an occasional basis
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position.
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Tetra Tech Coffey undertakes scoping, pre-feasibility, definitive feasibility studies and detailed design services for projects in Australia and throughout the world.
For more than 30 years, we’ve delivered practical, value-focused engineering and design services that enhance the value of projects for all stakeholders including investors, employees, local communities and the environment.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan and novated vehicle leasing options
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend