Junior & Mid-level Environmental Scientists - Contaminated Land - Brisbane
Job no: 499348
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - QLD
- Are you seeking professional development within a top-tier consultancy?
- Would you like to be coached and mentored by industry leading specialists?
- Do you want to play a role in delivering key projects for major clients?
Develop your specialist career with a top tier international consultancy; we’ve just secured major contracts requiring us to scale up in our Brisbane team.
About the role
Join our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group and become part of an expert team of environmental scientists/engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, remediation specialists and waste management consultants who work on a wide variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
You’ll learn how to manage field programs; gain exposure to how we engage with our clients and contractors and prepare technical reports for our clients. It’s a great opportunity to develop your environmental career in a specialist international consultancy.
You’ll be provided with great support to help you develop your technical skills and you will have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects and with a range of clients in sectors including Defence, mining, public infrastructure and utilities, future energy and with a particular emphasis on downstream oil & gas.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Following a Behaviour Based Safety system and promoting a culture of ‘Safety First’
- Planning field investigations and preparation of safe work method statements
- Undertaking contaminated land and groundwater field investigations such as drilling and soil sampling, groundwater monitoring well installation and sampling, remediation and validation programs, and other environmental monitoring programs
- Preparation of technical reports including the development of conceptual site models, comparing results to guidelines, and make recommendations to clients
- Identifying and communicating risks and opportunities to Project Managers and clients
- Participating in and contributing to developing technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet our client’s needs
- Building strong relationships with our clients, employees and suppliers.
We want you to be excited and motivated to advance your career!
You will also need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- 2 to 5 years’ experience in contaminated site assessment and/or environmental sampling
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Be willing to travel and complete field programs
- A confident ability to interact with clients, contractors and other stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with scientific writing skills
- Knowledge of software programs such as the Microsoft Office suite and data management tools such as ESdat is preferable
- An Australian driver’s license and work rights are essential
At Tetra Tech Coffey we're committed to providing a workplace where you are given the opportunity to excel at what you do. We pride ourselves on supporting personal and professional development and ensuring you have the tools to achieve the highest level of success.
Our people are highly experienced specialists who Lead with Science™ to deliver a solution focussed approach through collaboration with our clients as trusted advisors.
Our culture is all about teamwork, collaborating and sharing knowledge and ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible/hybrid work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave per year
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Participation in company ownership through our employee stock purchase plan
- Novated vehicle leasing options
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion-dollar company with Coffey’s long-standing reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend