Mid-level to Senior Environmental Scientists - Contaminated Land - WA
Job no: 499353
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
- Are you looking to partner with clients as a specialist advisor?
- We’ve secured major contracts and have a strong pipeline of diverse projects
- Perth CBD, WA
Accelerate your specialist career growth with a top tier international consultancy. We've secured more major contracts requiring us to scale up once again!
About the role
Join our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation (SAR) group and become part of an expert team of environmental scientists/engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, remediation specialists and waste management consultants who work on a wide variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
You will play a key role in delivering bespoke solutions to our clients across a range of sectors including Defence, mining, public infrastructure and utilities, downstream oil & gas and future energy.
You’ll be supported by a highly qualified senior team with diverse capabilities to help you develop your technical skills and you will have the opportunity to build on and expand your knowledge in project management to deliver complex and challenging projects on time and within budget.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Following a Behaviour Based Safety system and promoting a culture of ‘Safety First’
- Designing and/or executing complex field investigations for contamination assessment
- Preparing contaminated site investigation reports in accordance with established guidelines and standards including NEPM, 2013
- Directing and guiding site remediation activities in accordance with an established and approved RAP
- Interaction with contaminated site auditors and regulatory authorities
- Project management activities including scheduling, resourcing and budget control
- Participating in client meetings and contributing to technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet client’s needs
We want you to be excited about managing and delivering challenging projects. We have a range of roles available so you could be a qualified professional with 5 to 10 years’ experience in contaminated site assessment and site remediation.
You’ll also need to have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- Strongly developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrable knowledge of relevant legislation, standards and guidelines for contaminated sites
- Competence in the Microsoft Office suite and knowledge of software programs such as ESdat, Surfer and gInt
- A confident ability to build effective relationships with clients and key stakeholders through project delivery
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with professional writing skills to produce highly technical reports and successful proposals
- An Australian driver’s license and work rights are essential.
At Tetra Tech Coffey we are committed to providing a workplace where you are given the opportunity to excel at what you do. We pride ourselves on supporting personal and professional development and ensuring you have the tools to achieve the highest level of success.
Our people are highly experienced specialists who Lead with Science™ to deliver a solution focussed approach through collaboration with our clients and as trusted advisors.
Our culture is one of teamwork, collaborating and sharing knowledge, flexible work practices ensuring our own and each other’s well-being.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible/hybrid work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave per year
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Participation in company ownership through our employee stock purchase plan
- Novated vehicle leasing options
Since joining Tetra Tech, we’ve combined the resources of a global, multi-billion-dollar company with Coffey’s long-standing reputation and deep expertise in Australia and New Zealand.
It’s a strong combination that’s supporting our growth and creating exciting opportunities for our people.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend