Associate/Principal Contaminated Land Consultant – Perth, WA
Job no: 499488
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
- Looking for diverse and technically challenging projects?
- Want to play a leadership role and direct a team of environmental specialists?
- Modern and vibrant office in the Perth CBD
We’re looking for a technical leader to direct our service offering for one of our core business segments, Mining.
About the opportunity
Supported by Principals and our Site Assessment and Remediation Practice Leader, you’ll work with a highly skilled team of specialists working on a variety of large and challenging projects for our clients predominantly in the mining and oil and gas sectors.
This role is unique. It’s a key opportunity to take part in influencing the direction of our contaminated land team and facilitating growth in the region. It includes the standard expectations of technical and project delivery, mentoring and coaching juniors, and directing one of our core business segments, Mining.
The role focuses on three key components of our business:
- Coach and mentor our junior to mid-level contaminated land consultants
- Contribute to our culture of collaboration and shared responsibility for technical quality, delivery and business performance
- Assist in growing our team through involvement in targeted and strategic hires to meet market, client and project demands
- Build networks and relationships with key clients as a trusted partner. Ensure project needs are understood and the services we provide meet their objectives
- Work with our clients to develop new and innovative ways of providing contaminated land assessment and remediation solutions
- Maintain, grow and win new incumbencies
- Maintain and oversee a portfolio of projects in the mining and upstream oil and gas sector
- Take the technical lead role in delivering complex and challenging projects focussing on specialist and bespoke solutions
- Identify project opportunities through your client networks. Position us to have the understanding and knowledge of project drivers to ensure we win and build our pipeline
For success in this critical role, you will need:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications along with significant and demonstrable experience delivering contaminated land projects, preferably within Australia
- A strong understanding of the Contaminated Site Assessment Framework and other relevant legislation, Standards and guidelines
- An undisputed depth of experience in directing technical teams to successfully complete projects
- The ability to lead, mentor and coach junior staff
- Exceptional client relationship management skills
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we live and work.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend