Business Application Developer
Job no: 499607
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
Categories: Corporate Functions / Administration
- Full time, Permanent position
- Work for one of the highest ranked engineering firms in the world
- Work with a variety of technologies alongside business thought leaders subject matter experts
- Modern and vibrant office located in Perth CBD
About the opportunity
We are seeking an Application Developer who is willing to learn the business and understand our existing codebase. Working alongside the team, you will be eager to further enhance our systems, troubleshoot production issues and contribute to business growth.
This opportunity offers a developer the chance to work on a variety of systems.
You will be responsible for day-to-day operational administration and support in-house and key Business Applications.
Objectives include the following with broader responsibilities and opportunities available as you become more familiar with Tetra Tech Proteus:
- Supporting engineering and administrative staff with queries emanating from the use of developed software.
- Software writing, testing and commissioning to ensure continuing development of the various in-house software packages.
- Building, testing & deployment of systems and databases in liaison with internal clients, incorporating feedback to ensure requirements are efficiently met.
- Maintain existing & developed systems, recommending improvements or initiatives.
- Assist and liaise with Management in the planning, future directions and development of the Tetra Tech Proteus Office Systems.
- Reporting to the Management on progress associated with the assigned tasks.
- Assist with the creation and maintenance of batch installation scripts for engineering software on appropriate machines.
- Collaborate with IT staff where needed to facilitate effective issue resolution.
Technical and Professional Qualifications/Skills Required:
- Tertiary qualification in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering is highly desirable.
- Exemplary written/verbal communication skills
- Self-motivation, thriving in a team environment, but capable of working on your own
- 1-2 years of experience in enterprise computer science related work
- Demonstratable experience coding in .NET framework.
- Experience with writing and maintaining SQL queries.
- Well versed in MS Office Development (MS Access, VBA)
- Experienced and well versed in all Microsoft environments
- Familiarity with Bentley ProjectWise Administration
- Familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint management and content updates.
- Knowledge of CAD systems desirable but not essential
- Knowledge of scripting and automation tools (Batch, PowerShell)
Must be legally entitled to work in Australia.
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Tetra Tech Proteus undertakes scoping, pre-feasibility, definitive feasibility studies and detailed design services for projects in Australia and throughout the world.
For more than 30 years, we’ve delivered practical, value-focused engineering and design services that enhance the value of projects for all stakeholders including investors, employees, local communities, and the environment.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment and arrangements
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Attractive remuneration package
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend