Mid-level Geotechnical Engineers - Perth, WA
Job no: 499729
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
Categories: Engineering, Geotechnical
- Join our world class Geotechnical consulting group
- Develop your successful future
- Be part of our vibrant and growing WA team
Our roles ask more of you. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
In Tetra Tech Coffey, we want to continuously improve the way we approach the complex projects that we deal with as specialists in our field. We aim to develop innovative solutions for our clients, Leading with Science.
In this role, you can expect to be involved in the full cycle of very interesting and complex projects.
The ideal candidate will be genuinely interested in the management of site investigations, and in the supervision of a variety of projects related to geotechnical engineering, including earthworks, tailings and slope stabilisation projects.
You will contribute to the technical analysis and preparation of technical reports. You will work in collaboration with our renowned experts on a variety of projects across a number of sectors from infrastructure to mining and urban developments.
Reporting to the Practice Leader, this position requires a balance of ingenuity, creativity, technical skills, independence and collaboration in approach.
The Tetra Tech Coffey Perth office is an integral part of the Australian business. In a close-knit and growing local office, you will be part of the much larger, strong national geotechnical team.
Technical excellence is important, consulting skills are equally as important. We require all our consulting engineers to have excellent communication skills with the ability to build strong team and client relationships.
Ideally you will have:
- A Civil Engineering, Geology or Geotechnical Engineering degree
- Between 2 and 10-years’ experience in geotechnical investigations
- An understanding of soil and rock logging, including performance of in situ tests, and ideally supplemented with some experience in the installation of monitoring instruments (piezometers, inclinometers, etc)
- Experience in earthworks and slope stabilisation projects will be valued
- A keen interest in developing your management skills
- An interest in developing your business development and analytical skills
- An enthusiasm to travel to where the action is, including remote areas and interstate travel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for knowledge and excellence
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend