Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Canberra
Job no: 499784
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - ACT
Senior Geotechnical Engineer - Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
- Solid local business and well-respected team
- Take your career and our business into the future
- Canberra – Australian Capital Territory
Build your business skills and your technical expertise with a diverse range of challenging projects across a wide geographic area.
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a mid-level to Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our Canberra team.
Reporting to the Practice Lead, you will work as part of a team planning and undertaking both office and field work, completing investigations, design and full reporting of geotechnical projects. Our geographic area is widespread and the diversity of the work will keep you engaged.
As a consultant you will be developing relationships with specialist contractors, clients and other consulting groups exploring opportunities for increasing workload and revenue.
This position needs a proactive individual who builds good client relationships, is commercially astute and collaborates within and across teams in other disciplines. If you are looking to work on challenging projects with the best people, then this is the perfect role offering a great career and lifestyle.
When you join Tetra Tech Coffey you will be part of a premier worldwide provider of consulting and engineering services with 21,000 staff and 450 offices worldwide. As part of our team in Canberra you will be supported by our NSW teams, to deliver excellent technical solutions, develop and manage client relationships and source business opportunities for Coffey.
- You'll have a reputation for high quality geotechnical work and experience on some recognisable projects
- Qualified in civil/geotechnical engineering or engineering geology, coupled with experience in direct consulting in geotechnical engineering
- A large part of the role is writing clear, concise and technically accurate reports and proposals
- Relationship building is critical to a consulting business, and ideally you will demonstrate being involved in winning and successfully delivering work for clients
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Why join us?
- We thrive on delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects and we’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Professional, technical and industry development opportunities
- Technically challenging projects across a wide variety of clients and market sectors
- Flexible work arrangements – includes variable start and finish times, working from home/hybrid work and part-time hours
- Leave options and support – includes Paid Parental and Partner Leave, purchase of additional leave, and salary packaging
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Wellbeing benefits including vaccinations
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of over 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend