Senior Geotechnical Engineers and Engineering Geologists – Wellington
- Join our world class Geotechnical consulting group
- Take the next step in your career with us
- Based in Wellington
Our roles ask more of you. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
The Tetra Tech Coffey Wellington office is an integral part of the NZ business, with its head office in Auckland and a further four offices in New Zealand.
In a close-knit office, you will be part of a larger, strong collegiate New Zealand geotechnical team which also collaborates closely with our Australian colleagues.
Reporting to the local team leader, you can expect to work in a welcoming, supportive team, and work on a broad spectrum of engineering geology/geotechnical projects including seismic strengthening, slope stability assessment, shallow and deep foundation design, retaining wall design and liquefaction assessments across a range of market sectors. We have a large local and national client base with diversity of projects in size, complexity and project type, which make Tetra Tech Coffey an employer of choice.
You’ll be working with some of the best Geotechnical Engineers and Engineering Geologists in New Zealand and Australia, giving you excellent technical development and opportunity to advance your career.
You are looking to take the next step in your successful career. Your technical excellence is important to us, as are your consulting skills. Your passion and capability for geotechnical assessment and design is a key driver for you and we will give you lots of interesting and exciting experience in this.
Ideally you will have a civil engineering or engineering geology degree and ideally you will have a Master’s degree. You’ll have at least 10 years’ experience in a consulting business with local experience as a generalist geotechnical engineer or engineering geologist.
You’ll bring a great track record in successful project delivery as a specialist, excellent client relationship skills and you’ll enjoy liaising directly with clients to help to win projects. You'll be sought after as a mentor to our emerging professionals and will be excited to work on a variety of projects, both as a leader and as part of a much larger New Zealand team.
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in New Zealand, Australia, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 22,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Why join us?
- We delight in delivering strong technical solutions for our clients. It’s in our DNA.
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them.
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers.
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life.
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Professional and technical development opportunities including supportive environment to pursue professional development training across the industry.
- Technically challenging projects across a wide variety of clients and market sectors.
- Support for flexible work arrangements, including variable start and finish times, working from home/hybrid work and part-time hours.
- Leave options and support, including de-gendered paid parental and partner leave and purchase of additional leave.
- State of the art, modern and contemporary office in great Lambton Quay location.
- Wellbeing benefits including free gym and flu vaccination.
- Employee stock purchase plans.
- Professional memberships.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we live and work.