Contaminated Land Scientist/Consultant -Brisbane, QLD
Job no: 499912
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - QLD
- Looking for career advancement in a top tier consultancy?
- Coaching by industry leading specialists?
- Delivering critical projects for major clients?
About the role
Tetra Tech Coffey is a leading provider of engineering and environmental consulting services in the Asia Pacific.
Joining a rapidly growing team in Brisbane and our specialist Site Assessment and Remediation group means you’ll join an expert team of environmental scientists/engineers, geologists, hydrogeologists, chemists, remediation specialists and waste management consultants who work on a wide variety of projects across Australia and New Zealand.
You’ll manage field programs; engage with our clients and contractors and prepare technical reports for our clients. It’s a great opportunity to advance your environmental career in a specialist international consultancy.
Here’s what you’ll be focused on:
- Planning field investigations and preparation of safe work method statements
- Undertaking contaminated land and groundwater field investigations such as drilling and soil sampling, groundwater monitoring well installation and sampling, remediation and validation programs, and other environmental monitoring programs
- Preparation of technical reports including the development of conceptual site models, comparing results to guidelines, and make recommendations to clients
- Identifying and communicating risks and opportunities to Project Managers and clients
- Participating in and contributing to developing technical solutions, options and initiatives to meet our client’s needs
- Building strong relationships with our clients, employees and suppliers.
You’ll be provided with coaching support from our senior consultants to help you develop your technical and project management skills and you’ll have the opportunity to work on a diverse range of projects across the Defence, mining, public infrastructure and utilities, future energy and downstream oil & gas sectors.
We want you to be excited and motivated to advance your career!
You will also need:
- Tertiary qualifications in Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemistry, Geology or a related discipline, and a commitment to ongoing professional development
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in contaminated site assessment and/or environmental sampling
- Well-developed analytical and problem-solving skills
- A confident ability to interact with clients, contractors and other stakeholders
- Exceptional verbal communication coupled with scientific writing skills
- Be willing to travel and complete field programs
- Knowledge of software programs such as the Microsoft Office suite and data management tools such as ESdat is preferable
- An Australian driver’s license and work rights are essential
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Why join us?
- We thrive on delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects and we’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Professional, technical and industry development opportunities
- Technically challenging projects across a wide variety of clients and market sectors
- Supportive and flexible/hybrid work environment
- Leave options and support – includes the ability to purchase additional annual leave each year and salary packaging
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Wellbeing benefits including vaccinations
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of over 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: E. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: E. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend