Tunnel Geologists - Sydney
Job no: 499913
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Tunnel Geologists - Sydney
- Build and drive your career in a specialist geotechnical engineering team
- Work on major infrastructure projects
- Competitive salary offered
If you’re looking for a friendly and professional organisation where you can grow and develop your awesome career, get in touch!
About the role
Based in our Chatswood office, you will work on some of Sydney’s iconic infrastructure projects. You will assist in the monitoring of construction tunnels and shafts including temporary and permanent support systems.
- Ideally you will have between 2- and 6-years’ experience as an Engineering Geologist or Geotechnical Engineer ideally with experience in tunnelling
- You will work as part of a team (reporting to the Section Lead) that will undertake geological and geotechnical face-mapping of tunnels, shaft, bench, and trench excavations. You will also be able to work independently and be available for shift work including nightshift rotations
- You will have hands on experience in rock face mapping, including slopes, foundations, trenches, and tunnels
- Produce documentation of probing result and face-maps of the ground conditions and prepare corresponding reports
- You will undertake tunnel convergence monitoring and produce reports of the results
- You will have a degree in the geosciences and/or geo-engineering disciplines
- You must have work rights for Australia
- Be available to start full time work in end of January or February 2022
You’ll be comforted to know our benefits include:
- Supporting you to make space for the other parts of your life - flexible and hybrid work, tailored hours, remote work, study breaks and leave purchase plans enabling you to have up to 8 weeks of annual leave per year!
- Opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects, clients and sectors
- Coaching by our approachable technical experts
- Professional development opportunities and professional memberships
- Reward and recognition program
- Paid parental leave for primary and secondary care givers
- Employee assistance program available to all staff and their immediate families
- Travel discounts and memberships through our corporate travel program
With multiple offices across Australia and New Zealand, you can work locally, nationally or across the region.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend