Environmental Scientist/Consultant - Impact Assessment - Southbank, Melbourne
Job no: 499929
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
- Accelerate your career with a variety of high calibre environmental projects
- Fantastic opportunity to work with industry leading ESIA experts
- Southbank, Melbourne
This is a great career opportunity for an experienced environmental scientist/project manager to join a top tier consultancy. We have over 40 years’ experience in delivering large-scale environmental and social impact assessments across the Asia-Pacific region.
Our clients in the resources, energy, infrastructure, and Defence sectors, engage us as trusted advisors to manage their environmental and social risks and to deliver high quality solutions for critical projects across Australia, Papua New Guinea and Asia Pacific.
About the role
You’ll join a collaborative and professional team that works together with our other offices within the Asia-Pacific region.
Supported by our seniors and Principals to develop your expertise in managing client projects and delivering specialist advice, your key responsibilities will include:
- Contributing to the delivery of environmental and social impact assessments, technical studies and technical content in reports, proposals and correspondence
- Providing advice and support to clients on the environmental and social aspects across the full project life cycle
- Coordinating and preparing complex environmental approval documentation
- Supporting the preparation of environmental management plans and delivery of environmental audits
- Engaging with a wide range of government and community stakeholders
- Maintaining and growing client relationships
You’ll be tertiary qualified in environmental science/engineering and have a minimum of 4 years’ experience in delivering environmental and social impact assessments and environmental management plans.
You’ll have well developed communication and report writing skills and enjoy providing advice and high-quality outcomes for clients while collaborating with colleagues across our team and the company more broadly.
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in environmental, engineering, geotechnical, and project management services.
Why join us?
- We thrive on delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects and we’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Graduate/Junior Professionals Development program – and other technical and industry training
- A variety of technically challenging projects across a range of clients and market sectors
- Flexible work arrangements – includes variable start and finish times, working from home/hybrid work and part-time hours
- Leave options and support – includes Paid Parental and Partner Leave, purchase of additional leave, and salary packaging
- Modern and contemporary offices
- Wellbeing benefits including vaccinations
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of over 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too. We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend