Associate/ Principal Tailings Engineer – Brisbane, Queensland
- Geotechnical engineer with 10+ years’ experience
- Work with some of the world’s most highly respected engineers
- Competitive benefits and remuneration package
Some roles are all about the work. Ours are all about the opportunity. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
This is a new full-time opportunity in our team for an Associate/ Principal Tailings Engineer, where you will enjoy working with great colleagues across tailings design studies and advising in mine waste management.
Your will be a key person in our Tailings Business, with a focus on providing strong technical and commercial leadership. Your career and technical skillset will benefit by the opportunity to develop your vision, while being surrounded by the deep expertise within our Australian and International Practices.
Tetra Tech Coffey has the solutions and the expertise to help mining companies meet stringent environmental regulations for tailings discharge and water management while also operating their projects efficiently.
You will have a Bachelor of Civil Engineering and over 10 years of geotechnical experience. You will be used to dealings with clients and managing complex projects, providing innovative solutions.
The role will include:
- Being a key person in the development of our Queensland tailings business.
- Leading teams and exploring innovation into tailings dam analysis and design.
- Developing high level and detailed designs for tailings storage facilities to meet regulatory and project requirements.
- Preparing design specifications, scope of works and schedules for construction.
- Preparing reports and documentation, including design reports, interpretive geotechnical and laboratory reports, construction progress reports, audit and inspection reporting.
If you would like to discuss this role further, please call June Roberts on (02) 9406 1230.
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Why join us?
- We delight in delivering the highest technical standards. It’s in our DNA
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Employee stock purchase plan and novated vehicle leasing options
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.