Junior Geotechnical Engineer - Melbourne, Victoria
Job no: 499978
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - VIC
- Geotechnical development opportunity
- Work with some of the world’s most highly respected engineers and geologists
- Develop leadership skills while delivering a variety of field investigation techniques
Some roles are all about the work. Ours are all about the opportunity. Sharing knowledge, exploring new thinking and delivering smart solutions.
About the role
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic junior geotechnical engineer to work on a number of diverse infrastructure projects to develop a range of field and reporting skills.
You will work as part of a close-knit team and will be supported by our approachable experts to plan, manage and deliver a variety of field investigations for major infrastructure projects.
Our Melbourne office is an integral part of the East Coast geotechnical business. While the majority of your work would be on local projects, there will be opportunities to collaborate with the broader geotechnical team from the East Coast of Australia, New Zealand and internationally.
A typical day includes:
- Managing delivery of field investigations including a variety of drilling techniques, test pit excavation, CPT & pressuremeter testing, groundwater well installation and others.
- Fieldwork preparation, including permit and licence application, engaging and managing subcontractors.
- Management of safety in the field as well as preparation of safety documentation.
- Laboratory testing, drafting and borehole/test pit log preparation.
- Supporting senior staff in the preparation of proposals and reports documenting the outcomes of field investigations.
Beyond your qualifications in civil/geotechnical engineering, you’ll need:
- Positive approach to identifying and solving problems in the field and the office
- 1-3 years’ experience in site work - performing field investigations, managing subcontractors, working with drill rigs, service locators and traffic control crews
- Confidence in interacting with team members, clients and subcontractors and a genuine desire to build a career in consulting
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- A passion for knowledge and technical excellence
- Permanent work rights in Australia
- A driver’s licence is a must
This role will commence with supporting delivery of geotechnical investigation programs to round out your site investigation experience. This will lead into a predominantly office based role, where we’ll develop your skills to become an experienced geotechnical consultant which includes engaging with clients, contributing to winning proposals, undertaking geotechnical design and delivering projects.
If you’re seeking a friendly and professional organisation where you can grow and develop your awesome career, please get in touch!
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 27,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
You’ll enjoy these benefits:
- Supporting you to make space for the other parts of your life - flexible and hybrid work opportunities, study breaks and leave purchase plans enabling you to have up to 8 weeks of annual leave per year!
- Opportunity to work across a wide variety of projects, clients and sectors
- Coaching by our approachable technical experts
- Professional development opportunities and professional memberships
- Reward and recognition program
- Paid parental leave for primary and secondary care givers
- Employee assistance program available to all staff and their immediate families
- Multiple Employee Resource Groups that support our employees to create collaborative, safe space teams with others who share diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Travel discounts and memberships through our corporate traveller program
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to providing a working environment where all employees are valued for their unique contributions and ensuring a workforce which reflects the diversity of our clients and the communities in which we work.
Tetra Tech Coffey Pty Ltd is a member of the Diversity Council Australia.
Tetra Tech Coffey (NZ) Limited is a member of the Diversity Works NZ.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend