Senior Lead Mechanical Engineer - Perth, WA
Job no: 499979
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - WA
- Brilliant technical leadership opportunity
- Strong pipeline of major mining infrastructure projects
- Manage and coach mechanical designers & junior engineers to deliver mechanical and multidiscipline engineering
For over 30 years, we've delivered studies, detailed design and EPCM projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from identification to operations.
We pride ourselves in providing an outstanding level of service and sound technical solutions on all projects.
About the role
Reporting to the Principal Mechanical and Piping Engineer, this critical role will offer you the opportunity and challenge of managing a wide range of consulting engineering and project management responsibilities.
You’ll manage the delivery of mechanical/piping projects; detailed design development; project management of multidiscipline projects; cost and schedule control; tender preparation; provision of technical guidance to junior engineers; technical input to plant layout design and equipment selection; review of mechanical design calculations for material handling and fluid systems for minerals processing plants.
Given your expertise, you’ll be able to read our client’s design criteria, specifications and scopes of work, and will determine the optimal design and project delivery solution to meet their requirements.
Joining us means you’re joining a multi-disciplinary organisation, so you’ll have immediate cross-discipline interaction across a variety of our projects.
Critical to your success is:
- Significant experience as a mechanical engineer in the minerals processing and/or material handling area.
- Comfort and confidence in developing and managing strong client relationships
- Experience with managing design teams for both single and multi-discipline projects
- Strong mechanical and piping discipline design experience
- Strong verbal and written communication skills are a must - the role requires regular contact with internal teammates and external clients and suppliers
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite of programs, particularly Excel, Word and MS Project
- Proficiency in technical design software such as Fluid Flow 3, WaterGEMS, HAMMER, Helix Delta-T6 or BeltStat, Caesar II is desirable
Tetra Tech Proteus is a leading provider of engineering services to the resources and energy sectors. Our talented engineers and designers cover all disciplines as well as procurement and construction management and deliver projects across Australia, Asia and Africa.
In over three decades of operation we’ve delivered studies, detailed design, EPCM and EPC projects to our mining and infrastructure clients across all phases of the project life cycle from identification to operations.
Why join us
- We thrive when delivering strong technical solutions for our clients. It’s in our DNA.
- We’re proud of our experts and our projects. We’re generous in celebrating them.
- We invest in our people. Our technical and leadership training builds careers.
- We understand work isn’t everything. We support you to make space for the other parts of your life.
- We make a difference. Some projects are large and iconic; others are small and complex. They all enhance our world.
Our benefits include:
- Technically challenging projects across a wide variety of clients and market sectors
- Professional and technical development opportunities including supportive environment to pursue professional development training across the industry
- Support for flexible work arrangements, including variable start and finish times, working from home/hybrid work and part-time hours
- Leave options and support, including Paid Parental and Partner Leave, purchase of additional leave, and salary packaging
- State of the art, modern and contemporary offices
- Wellbeing benefits
- Employee stock purchase plans
- Professional memberships
- Employee assistance program available to all staff and their immediate families
- Multiple Employee Resource Groups that support our employees to create collaborative, safe space teams with others who share diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Travel discounts and memberships through our corporate traveller program
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we live and work.
Advertised: W. Australia Standard Time
Applications close: W. Australia Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend