Financial Accountant - Chatswood, Sydney
Job no: 499980
Work type: Permanent
Location: Australia - NSW
Categories: Corporate Functions / Administration
- Want to challenge yourself in a fast paced, growing global organisation?
- Join a supportive team in an engineering/science professional services consultancy
- Chatswood, NSW
About the role
Working in the ANZ Finance team and reporting into the Finance Manager, this role makes a difference to the business by driving accurate and timely reporting of financial information, working closely with key stakeholders across treasury, commercial, shared services and our operations teams.
You'll be responsible for:
- Preparing monthly profit and loss and balance sheet reporting for each entity in line with divisional and group finance timetables
- Ensuring journal data entries are made accurately and on time and that transactions are coded correctly in the general ledger
- Preparing reconciliations for balance sheet and intercompany accounts
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end financial reporting for the Australian parent company and our subsidiaries including tax accounting
- Assisting with the preparation of the annual FBT Return and Income Tax Return
- Providing financial data to assist with the analytical review of business operations
- Preparing financial data for submission to statutory bodies
- Liaising with auditors for Australia, New Zealand and US statutory year end audits
- Driving process improvements
- Preparing and reviewing payroll related journals
- Supporting the Finance Manager to coach/develop our Assistant Financial Accountants
To be successful in the role you must:
- Be CA/CPA qualified accountant or studying towards
- 3+ years’ financial accounting experience gained in audit or commercial environments
- An excellent communicator at all levels
- Demonstrated experience in financial accounting processes and an updated understanding of Australian GAAP/IFRS (knowledge of US GAAP preferred), tax effect accounting concepts
- Able to ‘think on your feet’ – have a high level of initiative and problem-solving skills
- A strong team player with an excellent customer service ethic
- Highly organised; able to prioritise and meet reporting deadlines
- Focussed on accuracy with a high attention to detail
- Solid excel skills
This role is perfect for a finance professional who is looking to develop their career within a professional services environment.
Please note: You must hold Australian work rights to apply for this position
Every day, our people come together to find solutions for our clients’ complex challenges.
Our experts are at the forefront of their specialisation in engineering, geotechnical, environmental, and project management services.
Whether in Australia, New Zealand, or collaborating on projects across the globe, you’ll be part of a team of 20,000 professionals committed to affecting positive change.
Our benefits include:
- Supportive and flexible/hybrid work environment
- Option to purchase an additional 4 weeks leave per year
- Paid Parental and Partner Leave
- Participation in company ownership through our employee stock purchase plan
- Novated vehicle leasing options
- Employee assistance program available to all staff and their immediate families
- Multiple Employee Resource Groups that support employees to create collaborative, safe space teams with others who share diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Travel discounts and memberships through our corporate traveller program
Diversity, Equality and Inclusion
We care about what makes us different - and it’s our people. We understand that uniqueness delivers new thinking. Our clients do too.
We’re committed to ensuring our workforce reflects the rich diversity of the communities in which we work.
Tetra Tech Coffey Pty Ltd is a member of the Diversity Council Australia.
Tetra Tech Coffey (NZ) Limited is a member of the Diversity Works NZ.
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend